Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Living the unrealistic free life?


Almost Famous has to be one of my favorite movies. Like, in the top 10. It totally explains the way i just dream my life to be. On the road with friends, singing songs to pass time by, expressing your feelings through music and art, and not having too many responsibilities. But then people say this act is not "the real world". So i wonder, if your in this world thats not "Real"... then what is it? A "fake" world? because time is passing by and we are all alive breathing the same air, so what makes this unrealistic? Every day i imagine what a life would be like, maybe living like Penny Lane, or even a character like Huckleberry Finn... No responsibilities, doing what i want, enjoying life through nature and friends. - - 
"I got out amongst the driftwood, and then laid down in the bottom of the canoe and let her float. I laid there, and had a good rest and a smoke out of my pipe, looking away into the sky; not a cloud in it. The sky looks ever so deep when you lay down on your back in the moonshine; i never knowed it before. And how far a body can hear on the water such nights!"
- Huckleberry Finn
The reason why i wrote this quote down, was because i think of this describes perfection. Sitting there in silence looking at the sky listening to the world around you. Times like these are so rare for the common person, and the way this is described puts me in that place. If anyone was to ever ask me "What's your favorite piece of artwork?" I would say the sky. I find the sky the most interesting thing to look at, because it constantly changes, and it never ends. Sometimes the shapes in either the clouds or the stars can answer your questions, and the different colors of the sky helps your imagination of the possibilities in life. - - I don't want to be held down anymore. I just want to live free surrounded in the things that i love. 

1 comment:

brandUn DeShay said...

yo, i totally know what you mean.

i look at it like john mayer said:

"I just found out there's not such thing as the real world, just a lie you have to rise above."

and in MY words, i say:

"the only limits that exist are the ones you create for yourself. once you realize there ARE NO limits, you are truly free."

I could go forever. i literally ponder bout this stuff all day. everyday.


just know the only world that matters is your world.