Friday, December 12, 2008

... Look Closer


"I'd always heard your entire life flashes before your eyes before you die. 
First of all, that one second isn't a second at all. 
It stretches on forever like an ocean of time. 
For me it was lying on my back at boy scout camp watching falling stars.
And yellow leaves from the maple trees that blind our street. 
Or my grandmother's hands, and the way her skin seemed like paper
And the first time I saw my cousin Tony's brand new firebird. 
And Janey. (and Janey). 
and Carolyn. 
I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me. 
But its hard to stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. 
Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once and its too much. 
My heart fills up like a balloon thats about to burst. 
... Then I remember to relax and stop trying to hold onto it. 
And then it flows through me like rain, 
and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life. 

You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure. 

But don't worry. 

you will some day. "
                      
                                                                                                            - American Beauty

I just watched one of the most amazing movies ever made. 
I am actually tearing up. It was so good and it had such a great life lesson. 
Beautifully made and directed and written.... and just everything about it!
When i was told to rent this movie, this is not what i expected. 
And when i started watching it, i felt "This movie is WHACK!" 
and i was uncomfortable watching it because of the twisted story.
But it taught me... I am so lucky for everything i have. And no i don't have a lot...
But i have a great family
And i have happiness and friends that let me be me
I don't need to lie to impress people... or seem impressive. 
And i am just so glad that i enjoy the beauty of life. 
After watching this movie i think i'll start to see the world in different ways. 

Life....
       what a beautiful thing. 



Watch this movie- and then discuss it with me. I don't want to spoil anything but man oh man i want to discuss this movie with someoneeeee! 

No comments: