Wednesday, September 17, 2008

From the Passenger's Seat
By Deathcab for Cutie
"I roll the window down
And then begin to breathe in
The darkest country road
And the strong scent of evergreen
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

Then looking upwards
I strain my eyes and try
To tell the difference between shooting stars and satellites
From the passenger seat as you are driving me home.

"Do they collide?"
I ask and you smile.
With my feet on the dash
The world doesn't matter.

When you feel embarrassed then I'll be your pride
When you need directions then I'll be the guide
For all time.
For all time."

Really, read these lyrics and think about the meaning of it. I discovered a few different ways it can be interperated. And it just gives me such a good feeling just thinking about it. 

Lately i have been having extremely good conversations with people. Something i was sure lacking lately. I sort of forgot about how good of a listener i always was to my friends, but because things have shfted apart... there was no need for listening anymore. It even amazes myself how much i love hearing about people's lives. Especially with the ones i love. I can just feel that inner bond that i have with the person after a good conversation. So i guess because i have always listened to different people and the way they feel... the way their lives run, and how it's so different from mine... i think thats what formed me to not judge people. This song really inspires me to the life i feel while listening to people. I really appreciate the darkest country road i breathe in while having a good conversation. and the time spent with people, even if its just driving in the car. It brings me back to one particular day where i was in the passengers seat driving around in chicago. i can still imagine the cool night breeze passing through my hair. It dosn't get any better than that. 

1 comment:

JAX CASTOR said...

one of my two alltime favorite songs.
the first time i heard it i closed my eyes and i was just there. in the passengers seat. my favorite feeling in the world. i love road trips at night